Bridesmaids are important in weddings and every bride needs to know certain things before picking her own.
Picking good bridesmaids can be one of the most important decisions for a bride to make, not just because they appear in pictures you will have for life but also because they will be with you at all stages of your wedding.
1. Balance fun and serious: A good balance of your fun-loving and serious friends among your bridesmaids is essential. We all have that one friend that is always the life of the party but cannot stick to time no matter what. We also have that one that would rather stay home and read. Having the right blend will go a long way towards making your day perfect
2. Choose a family member: It could be a sister or a cousin. It helps when a family member stands up there with you when you take the most important step a woman will make in her life.
3. Choose beautiful: While this might sound shallow, the wedding pictures last forever and you do not want to be looking at ugly pictures for the rest of time. So handpick your beautiful friends for your bridal party. Contrary to popular opinion, they will only make you look better.
4. Stay away from stubborn friends: While they may be good for haggling prices, you don’t want anybody nagging you on your special day. Pick the amiable ones who know it is their job to make you feel special on that day. Leave the hard-headed ones to the aso ebi team where they can haggle to their heart’s content.
5. Pick the right body type: Some brides decide on style and colour for their bridesmaids, others choose the colour and leave the styles up to their girls. If you are among the former, pick ladies that will all look good in the styles you choose. This way your wedding pictures come out great.
Unless you plan in doing it again, a wedding is a once in a lifetime event and every aspect of it should be decided on with as much patience as possible and I hope we have at least lessened your burden as you prepare for that special day.
Photo Credit: Getty