Knowing what to do to your skin at different stages before your wedding will help you look great on the D-day.
Six Months Before the Wedding Day
- Use Retinol Creams: Retinol creams increase skin elasticity, boost collagen production, increases cell turnover, unclogs pores, boosts collagen, and helps diminish hyperpigmentation.
2. Relieve stress: Stress often deteriorates your skin health, leading to dark patches and dullness. It hampers the natural skin barrier function and leaves the skin prone to damage. Here are some tips to help you relieve stress and make your skin glow:
- Try breathing and stretching exercises
- Go for a walk
- Practice meditation
3. Go for facial treatments: Indulge in regular facials and exfoliating treatments. This will help treat the harsh effects of pollution and sun exposure and prevent premature aging.
Four Months Before the Wedding Day
- Discuss with your make-up artist: Sit down with your make-up artist four months before your wedding. This enables you to try out different looks and explore what fits best with your personality, attire, and overall wedding theme. If you are planning to do the make-up yourself, ask a make-up artist for some useful tips. You can plan your final look with them and then practice it yourself. They will prepare you for any mishaps on the D-day.
2. Exercise regularly: One of the best ways to make your skin healthy and naturally radiant is by working out daily. It keeps you fit and you will notice higher energy levels throughout the day.
Three Months Before the Wedding Day
- Maintain a balanced diet: Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. A balanced diet will boost your energy and impart a natural glow to your skin.
2. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol: Smoking increases free radical production and causes aging and dullness. Alcohol consumption affects your skin, making it look tired. It may also enlarge your pores and trigger breakouts. Thus avoid smoking and drinking alcohol to keep dryness, sagging and wrinkles at bay.
3. Use brightening creams: Incorporate brightening creams into your skin care regimen to get even-toned, radiant skin. These creams help remove spots, dark circles, discoloration and blemishes.
Two Months Before the Wedding Day
- Take out time for yourself: Planning a wedding means meeting a lot of people, which may lead to stressful situations. Make sure that you schedule time for yourself daily at least two months prior to your wedding. Do whatever calms, relieves and excites you. You will be surprised how much this has a positive impact on your skin and mental, physical and emotional health.
One Month Before the Wedding Day
- Do your final make-up checks: Make sure you have got your wedding day make-up look all set. Do your final checks a month before the wedding.
2. Be prepared for any flare-ups: If you have acne-prone skin or any other skin condition, plan beforehand in the event of any flare-ups. Consult a dermatologist for last-minute tips on how to control them. You can opt for prescription creams that help reduce flare-ups, inflammation, pimples, swelling and redness.
Trending Video of the Day;
Photo of the Day: Getty