It takes courage to admit that you lose yourself when you are in a relationship, but it is never too late to start doing the things and hanging out with the people that were important to you before you started dating.
In a healthy relationship, your partner has your best interest at heart and wants to make room for the people and activities that make you happy – so don’t lose sight of them.
Here are some ways you can reconnect with yourself when you feel lost:
1. Create a list of the top things that made you happy prior to being in a relationship! Look through and reflect on why these things made you happy. From there, start by adding one of these things back into your life. Changes don’t need to happen all at once.
2. Make sure to spend some time with your family and friends. In a healthy relationship, both partners spend time with people outside the relationship. Try to schedule some time to see your loved ones as well.
3. Check in with yourself. One reflection question you could start with is, “What are my strengths?” This question will remind you of all that you are bringing to your relationship and how you deserve a partnership that is based on equality.
4. Take note of the number of times you did not express yourself in your relationship and try to understand the reason for this. When you are more aware of these instances, you are more likely to speak up the next time you do have something to say.
5. Are there activities you would like to do with your partner, but haven’t suggested? Create a list of these activities and try to incorporate more of what you want to do when you spend time with your partner.
6. Challenge & Grow Yourself. If you feel like you’ve lost yourself in your relationship, chances are there’s a big, audacious, possibly terrifying dream hiding somewhere in your heart. Step up and go do it.
Trending video of the day;
Photo credit: Getty