Sensitive skin can be a nightmare if it becomes irritated, and there are numerous environmental factors that could end up harming sensitive skin. Your only choice is to take preventive measures and shield your skin from them.
The good news is that if you don’t have a skin condition, you may not need to visit a dermatologist to soothe your skin. Instead, you can try home remedies to your skincare routine.
Home remedies for sensitive skin can offer gentle and natural solutions to soothe and nourish your skin. Here are some effective home remedies:
1. Aloe Vera Gel: Another great benefit of aloe vera is that it is non-irritating. This makes it a good choice for people with sensitive skin. It can be used on any type of skin, including sensitive and acne-prone skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help calm irritated skin. Applying directly will reduce redness and soothe sensitivity.
2. Oatmeal Bath: The starches and beta-glucan in oats attract water to the skin and form a protective barrier that helps maintain a healthy moisture level, ultimately diminishing dryness and the irritation it causes. Lotions for the face and body that contain oats are perfect for those with sensitive skin. Adding oatmeal to a lukewarm bath can help relieve itching and irritation. It forms a protective barrier on the skin and helps retain moisture.
3. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a staple in many homes because of its health benefits. Massaging your skin with coconut oil before a swim will protect your skin from the harmful chlorine-filled water. It is a natural moisturizer with antimicrobial properties. Apply a thin layer of organic, cold-pressed coconut oil to your skin after cleansing to lock in moisture.
4. Honey: Honey is a natural humectant that helps retain moisture. Honey is a wonderful skincare ingredient. It’s known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties and, as such, has been used on skin for centuries. It can be used by most people and is especially suited to sensitive skin. Apply raw honey as a face mask or mix it with other ingredients like yogurt or oats for a soothing and hydrating treatment.
5. Cucumber: Part of its calming properties is likely due in part to its high water content, cucumbers are about 95% water. Skincare products containing cucumber can therefore be a useful ingredient for those with stressed or sensitive skin. It has cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. Place thin cucumber slices on your sensitive areas or blend cucumber and apply it as a face mask.
6. Baking Soda: This is the best remedy for irritated, sensitive skin. Baking soda balances the Ph levels of your skin, and its antibacterial properties are a big help in reducing rashes and inflammation. When mixed with coconut water, it also helps reduce sunburn and creates a soothing effect on the skin.
7. Yogurt : Women with sensitive skin can also use yogurt to make a mask. The zinc ingredient in yogurt helps to reduce inflammation and firm the skin. According to research, about 100 grams of yogurt will have 1 mg of zinc. The probiotics in yogurt can help balance the skin’s microbiome. Apply plain, unsweetened yogurt to your skin for a soothing and calming effect.
READ ALSO: 4 Best Makeup Guide For Normal Skin
8. Milk: The lactic acid in milk can help exfoliate gently and soothe the skin. Having sensitive skin is difficult and there are natural ingredients that can help you treat sensitive skin. Raw milk for instance cleanses your skin and is also a natural moisturiser, Dab a cotton ball dipped in raw milk on your skin and then wash it off with warm water.
Remember, everyone’s skin is different, so it’s essential to patch test any new remedy on a small area before applying it to your entire face or body. If you experience any adverse reactions or your sensitivity persists, consult a dermatologist for personalized advice and treatment.
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty