Videos are one of the perfect ways to keep memories alive forever as you can always watch over and over again reminiscing on the memories, the moments, and the experience. Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life and you would hold on to every memory from that day, that moment, and even when you forget a detail videos are there to remind you.
A videographer is very important for your wedding to capture every moment of your day in the best way possible. These are moments you will look back on and remember why forever is the deal with your partner. Photos only capture so much of the day, and hiring a videographer will help ensure you don’t miss a thing.
Read also: #Adeadeforever: First Photos And Videos From Lateef Adedimeji And Bimpe Oyebade’s Traditional Wedding In Ado-Ekiti
Deciding on your wedding photographer is not a walk in the park and requires a lot of attention to detail. Today we are sharing tips to help you decide on your wedding videographer.
- Hire a professional who is familiar with the environment
One of the things to note when hiring a videographer is one who understands the area and does a timely job. One of the easy ways to do this will be an app that shows services in your area.
- Request and check their portfolio
Request a portfolio from everyone you consider so you can watch and fully decide if they go with your wedding theme and what you want to achieve with your ceremony. Read More: Top Most Handsome African Footballers
- Check their social media Page
Run a background check on the social media page of anyone you are considering to see their work rate, venues, and shots that they have done. Comments dropped across their post will also give you an insight into his professionalism.
- Budget for a videographer
Quality often depends upon what you pay
A lot of brides still consider video a luxury item to add to their wedding if budget allows. You may not want to get a video at all because you could end up paying for something you don’t love. The great film cost arm and leg so be ready to spend money on this.
- Explain your coverage needs and details
Let him know what and what he will be covering for the event and what each will entail. From your preparation to the vow, your wedding reception, After-party, etc.
- Ask for the length of videos
What is the length of the video you want from the videographer whether it is a lengthy one, a small clip, etc? Talk about what you want them to focus on and discuss what type of video you would like to have.
- Watch lots of VideosDifferent wedding videographers capture the moment differently according to their own personal style. So it’s important to do your research and figure out what type of style you like. Do you want your wedding video to be dark and moody or lighthearted and quirky? It’s super important to watch as many videos as possible to see who and what you like. Do you like the type of lighting/music that the videographer is incorporating into their videos? What type of atmosphere would you like your video to have? Read More: 10 Most Successful Big Brother Naija Contestants Till Date
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with technical details
I know you want everything to be perfect but certain technical details are off-limits for you because they are geek stuff you might need extra lessons to understand. If you are familiar with lighting, camera details then you should chip in if not leave the details to the professionals.
- Be very clear on your details
Certain details are what make a video beautiful and invoke the right amount of emotions. While discussing with your videographer find out if he has a great eye for details and can fully capture you and your partner in your elements. Read More: Tbt 9 books every Nigerian child from the 90s
- Create a sync with other vendors
There are other vendors the videographer will be working with so make sure they are all in sync and familiarize themselves before the occasion.
Photo Credit: Getty