Chair workouts rock for so many people. If you’re recovering from an injury or surgery, need extra support during pregnancy, or have balance challenges, a chair is your ticket to an awesome sweat.
Not just any old chair will do, though. Ideally, you want a sturdy chair that can hold your body weight. The seat should be 12 to 24 inches from the ground. Avoid any chairs with wheels.
Here are some best chair exercises to do at home:
1. Seated oblique crunch
- Sit with your spine straight and tall on the edge of your chair, your feet flat on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
- Place fingertips behind your head, elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Shift your weight to the left leg, crunch to the right side, and bring your right knee up toward your right elbow.
- Lower your right leg and return to the starting position.
- Switch sides, bringing your left leg to your left elbow.
Read also: 7 Creative Ways To Workout At The Office
2. Incline Mountain Climbers