Your baby’s health should be one of your top priorities. Healthy foods make babies happy and healthy. You don’t have to be a master chef to start feeding your baby with healthy Nigerian homemade foods. You can learn how to make the easiest Nigerian homemade food recipes for your adorable babies with simple, single-ingredients purees and fresh fruits.
Here are five home-made food recipes for your adorable baby:
Eggs are rich in minerals, vitamins and several other nutrients that are beneficial for the development and growth of infants. They help in digestion, brain development, liver function, immunity and eye health.
- Boil the egg till it’s done
- Remove the yolk, then place in a clean bowl
- Mash it
- Add some drops of expressed breast milk to thin if need be
- Simply serve gradually
Avocados contain 20 different vitamins and minerals. Besides being relatively cheap and easy to find, they are loaded with antimicrobial, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to prevent babies from getting sick.
- Clean the avocado
- Open a part of it and scoop out the flesh into a clean bowl
- Mash or puree till smooth
- Serve directly or with egg yolk
Bananas are easy to digest, soft and mushy. They help in the overall development of babies and are a great first food to start babies on.
- Peel and throw inside your blender and whisk into a smooth banana puree
- You can add small formula milk and few drops of water to thin
- Serve directly or blend with avocado
Apples are a great choice when your baby is ready for solids as they contain a whole host of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. They as also very versatile and can be served with other baby recipes.
- Peel 1-2 apples, core the hard, seedy middle
- Place on heat to steam/boil for 4-5minutes
- Allow to cool, then blend till smooth
- Serve directly
Okra offers lots of vitamin C (for immunity), vitamin K (for healthy blood), vitamin B6 (for metabolism), and a decent amount of folic acid (for cell growth).
- Clean and cut 5 okra pieces, each into two halves and toss in the blender
- Blend till smooth
- Place on heat with little water and cook for 4 minutes with ½ a teaspoon of fish powder, and 1 tablespoon of palm oil
- Serve with a spoon or with your washed hands.
Don’t add salt or seasoning as baby’s kidneys are too tender for that.
Trending video of the day;
Photo credit: Getty