There are natural hair oils that can be used to promote and nourish the hair either for length, texture and for nourishment.
It’s important to also know the kind of oil that works for your hair and hair type so as not to spoil your hair. Here are some essential hair oils that can be used to promote the growth of the hair and also add nourishment to it.
1. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that nourish and condition the hair, reducing frizz and promoting shine. It can help make hair more manageable and easier to style. They can be gotten from raw or dried coconuts and also helps the hair grow faster.
2. Olive Oil: This is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that help in providing moisture to the hair and improving the hair’s elasticity. It can help in reducing hair breakage and enhancing the overall health of the hair. It is very good for dry and thick hair.
READ ALSO:6 Tips On How To Prevent Hair Breakage
3. Argan Oil: The oil is lightweight and thus makes it easy to absorb quickly into the hair, providing hydration and shine. It helps tame frizz and gives a smoother appearance. It also helps to soften the hair.
4. Jojoba Oil: This closely resembles the natural oils (sebum) produced by the scalp, making it a great option for moisturizing the hair and scalp. It can also help in reducing dryness and promoting hair growth.
5. Almond Oil: It is important that whatever oil you add to the hair has to be rich in vitamins and nutrients and this oil is one that nourish the hair and also doubles up in promoting a healthy scalp. It can also help in reducing split ends and improving overall hair texture. This also helps to prevent dandruff and support blood circulation to the follicles.
6. Avocado Oil: It contains essential fatty acids that moisturize and strengthen the hair. It helps in preventing breakage and keeping the hair soft and manageable. While, it may not be great for making hair grow, it is incredibly beneficial for preventing hair loss.
7. Grapeseed Oil: Just like argan oil, this is also lightweight and non-greasy, making it suitable for all hair types. It provides moisture and shine to the hair without weighing it down. It can be used on any hair type
READ ALSO: Ways To Determine Your Unique Hair Type
8. Castor Oil :One of it’s great attribute is that it is known for its hair-strengthening properties and can help in promoting hair growth. It can also help reduce hair breakage and improve hair texture.
When using hair oils, it’s essential to apply them in moderation and focus on the ends and lengths of the hair to avoid weighing down the roots. Oils can be used as pre-shampoo treatments, leave-in conditioners, or added to hair masks for added nourishment.Remember that natural hair responds differently to various products, so it’s important to experiment and find the oils that work best for your hair type and texture. Additionally, maintaining a healthy hair care routine can contribute to overall hair health.
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty