Nothing beats a great song to put you in the mood. That’s right! As this post was typed, we were jamming to an African music playlist.
African music, particularly Nigerian music, has transcended. You can attend an event in Nigeria and listen to only African music. Best part of it is you’ll be pleased. Songs, that is Nigerian wedding songs, even exist for special wedding moments such as cake cutting and mother-son dance.
Read Also: Igbo Wedding 101: Grooms’ Comprehensive Guide To Stages And Customs Of The Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony
Talk about wedding, are you planning one? We have compiled a list of classic Nigerian wedding songs to help with your special day.
Note: this is not a complete or ranked compilation. The list comprises of Traditional Wedding and Wedding Reception songs. The Nigerian wedding songs are guaranteed to get you excited.
Igba Nkwu (Traditional Wedding)
Read Also: Igbo Traditional Wedding: Comprehensive Bride Price List For Grooms Preparing For Marriage Introduction
Here’s our recommendation:
- Duncan Mighty – Obianuju
- Flavour – Ada Ada
- Flavour – Gollibe
Above songs can also be played at a wedding reception.
The following songs will work at any time during a wedding. They are truly timeless Nigerian wedding songs. Thanks to the talented artistes who gave and continue to give us these songs and to Baba God.
- 2Face – African Queen
- 2Face – If Love Is A Crime
- Banky W – Till My Dying Day ft. Tynie
- Banky W – Yes/No
- Bracket – Me & U
- Bracket – Yori Yori
- D’Banj – Fall in Love
- D’banj – Scapegoat
- Duncan Mighty – Wedding Day
- Eldee – Today Today
- Felix Libery – Ifeoma
- Flavour – Ada Ada
- Flavour – Olulofe ft. Chidinma
- Ju Spice – Oko Mi (My Husband)
- Kayswitch – Obimo ft. D’banj
- M.I. – One Naira ft. Waje
- Lara George – Rest of My Life
- Lynxxx – Fine Fine Lady ft. Wizkid
- Tiwa Savage – My Darling
- Obiwon – Obi mu o ft. M.I., Blaise and IllBliss
- P-Square – Beautiful Onyinye
- P-Square – Forever
- P-Square – I love you
- P-Square – Ifunanya
- P-Square – No One Like You
- Seyi Sodimu – Love Me Jeje
- Sunny Neji – Oruka
- Timi Dakolo – Iyawo Mi
- Tiwa Savage – Ife Wa Gbona ft. Leo Wonder
- Tosin Martins – Olo mi
- Patoranking – My Woman, My Everything ft. Wande Coal
- Waconzy – Wedding Day
- Wizboyy – One plus One
- Wizkid – Love My Baby
- Wizkid – On Top Your Matter
Here are our other suggestions for particular moments at the reception
- Flavour – Adamma
- Kiss Daniel – Woju ft. Davido and Tiwa Savage
- Jidenna – Classic Man (Remix) ft. Kendrick Lamar
Mother and Son
- MC Loph – Mama ft. Flavour (Great song from the late MC Loph. May he R.I.P)
- Prince Nico Mbarga – Sweet Mother
- Eldee – Big Boy ft. Olu Maintain, Oladele and Banky W
Know someone getting married? Do them a favour and share this post with them.
Have any songs that should make this list? Free feel to comment.
Photo Credit: Getty