Weddings are not always rosy, shiny, and fanfare. Every bride always has this dance with stress when the big day is approaching, for some, it might be subtle, while for others, it is rather obvious, as their eye bags becomes very visible.
As lovely as wedding bells sound, it can be very stressful to plan especially if there’s a particular standard in mind, there’s this thing called ‘wedding jitters’ that causes stress to the bride. it’s very important that the bride-to-be looks her best and feels her best before her big day.
One of the disadvantages of such stress is eye bags and this can be caused by various factors like lack of sleep, and lifestyle choices.
You can try the following home remedies to get rid of them days or weeks before the wedding
1. Apply a cold compress to your eyes for 10-15 minutes to reduce swelling and constrict blood vessels. You can use a cold spoon or a cloth soaked in cold water. Below are couple of cooling ideas.
a) Tea Bags: Steep two green or black tea bags in hot water for a few minutes, then remove and allow them to cool. Place the cooled tea bags over your closed eyes for 15-20 minutes. Tea contains natural compounds that can help soothe and tighten the skin around the eyes.
b) Cucumber Slices: Cut thick slices of chilled cucumber and place them over your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Cucumbers have a cooling effect and contain antioxidants that can help reduce puffiness.
c) Potato Slices: Potatoes have a cooling effect and that can help reduce puffiness. Slice a raw potato into thick pieces, chill them in the refrigerator, and place them on your eyes for about 15 minutes.
2. Apply a small amount of pure aloe vera gel under your eyes and gently massage it in. Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce swelling.
3. Use an hydrating eye cream or gel that contains ingredients like caffeine, hyaluronic acid, or vitamin C to reduce puffiness and tighten the skin around the eyes.
4. Ensure you get enough quality sleep and stay well-hydrated to minimize fluid retention and prevent eye puffiness.
5. Reduce or eliminate habits that can contribute to eye bags, such as excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, and excessive salt intake.
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty