Breastfeeding is one of the most effective ways to ensure child health and survival.
Here are some benefits of breastfeeding to you and to your baby:
- Breastmilk is the ideal food for infants. It is safe, clean and contains antibodies which help protect against many common childhood illnesses.
2. Breastmilk provides all the energy and nutrients that the infant needs for the first months of life, and it continues to provide up to half or more of a child’s nutritional needs during the second half of the first year and up to one third during the second year of life.
3. Breastfed children perform better intelligence test, are less likely to be overweight or obese and less prone to diabetes later in life.
4. Women who breastfeed also have a reduced risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
5. Mothers can feed their babies on the go without worrying about having to mix formula or prepare bottles.
6. Breastfeeding does not require a financial investment. It is possible to breastfeed without any special supplies or equipment.
7. Bonding and soothing: In addition to providing nourishment, breastfeeding can be a source of comfort. Some women find that breastfeeding helps them bond with their babies. The ability to soothe a baby with breastfeeding may make some women feel more confident in parenting.
Trending video of the day;
Photo credit: Getty